Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm a wedding photographer?

Here I am. Sitting in a dark studio. Looking at images of girls in wedding dresses, and all that I can think is: "How did I get to this place in my life?" I thank God for the amazing opportunities that He has provided for me throughout my life, but I am continually suprised by the places that He takes me. I mean, there is no way that I would have thought that within 2 years of graduation that I would be working in a photography studio, and I definitely would not have thought that I would be a wedding photographer. However, I am, and I am happy. I am in a completely different place in my life than I would have planned for myself only a few years ago, but I am in the exact place where I need to be. Isn't it funny how the plans that we make for ourselves are never as good as the ones that God makes? I mean, I always think that I have the best plan for my life, but I never end up where I think that I am going to go. So, I think that the most important lesson that I can learn from all of this is that I don't have everything figured out. However, I am so happy that I can trust in the God who created the universe to plan out every step that I will take. He has a plan for every event in our lives, and He knows what He is doing when He sends random and even painful events into our lives. He wants to make us people who are completely different from who we are today. I mean, who knows, one of you might wake up 2 years from now in the exact same place that I am. So, that being said, the path to this place in my life was not straight, and it was definitely confusing. But, I am in a place where all I can do is trust and thank God that I am not where I was before, and who knows, maybe I will be someone completely different two years from now. The great thing is that I am excited about it and not worried that I don't have everything figured out. It is great to let go of the tight grip that I have on my life and let God move me where He wants. Let's be honest, He's going to do it whether I want Him to or not. So, why not embrace the ride and have fun trusting God and His infinitely wisdom to plan the rest of my life?

Just trying to understand it all,
josh

2 comments:

llpearso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
llpearso said...

I found your blog really encouraging today...as you well know, I am at a point in life in which I need to be continually reminded that I am not in control...thank you Joshua...and yes, I do check out your blog on a regular basis:)