Sunday, January 20, 2008

Christ in us...

So, below is a blog that I wrote a few months ago and never posted. Church has been amazing lately, and I have a bunch of things that I would love to write about. But, until then, check out the blog that I wrote in September.

-josh


Everybody should listen to the sermon by David Platt from 9-16-07. It challenged me a lot. The main focus is about keeping Christ the focus. I know it sounds cliche, but it was great. Here are a few quotes that I really liked:

"We commit idolatry by focusing more on Christianity than we focus on Christ."

"God deliver us from a small concept of the God who lives in us."

The whole idea of the sermon was that our lives have been transformed by Christ living within us. We do not need to focus more on our outward Christian life than we do on Christ who is living within us. We must also not lose sight of the fact that we are gauranteed to be conformed to the likeness of Christ. This idea of future glory should encourage all believers. We will one day be clothed with the identity of Christ. What a great promise!

Check out the sermon. The one from the week before is great too!

josh

No comments: